Tuesday 15 November 2011

The shrinking water baby :)

OK - so I went and tried the aqua class at the AIS.  It was good.  And then I went again last night.  It was good again.  Yay!  I have paid my $60 membership and will be going yet again tomorrow morning.  I'm really glad I found this option.

At this stage I plan on making it to 3 aqua classes each week - Monday evening, Wednesday and Friday mornings.  The membership also lets me use the gym and do other classes but for now I will stick with these 3.  Then I play netball one other day and I will find something to do on the weekends.

Best of all - it's working!  After putting on 3kgs over the 10 weeks I wasn't really doing any exercise my scales have started to move back in the right direction....DOWN!  I have lost 1.5kgs this past couple of weeks.  So I am now at a total loss of 10.2kgs.  Another 1.8kgs and I'm back to the 12kgs I had lost before I tore my calf.  And I'm hoping to make it to 14kgs gone by Christmas - that's my 10% goal.

So my food for this week needs to be tight.  I got up early today and made some yummy soup for lunch (Hearty Chicken & Root Veg) and put the slow cookoer on for dinner (Slow Cooked Balsamic Lamb Shanks).  Tomorrow it's Haloumi Salad for lunch and Corn Chowder for dinner.  Just have to watch the snacking and all will be good.  Hopefully I will say good bye to another 500gr this week.

Oh I almost forgot my other happy surprise this week......I ordered a new denim skirt.....in a size 20!!!!  I triple checked the measurements and I definitely fit in a 20 on the size chart.  And considering my current skirt is from the same brand and is a 22 that falls off me I shouldn't be all that surprised.  But it's still nice to be buying clothes in smaller and smaller sizes :)

So I have to thank the Lovely Leanne (blog is here) for her advice - "If you hit a wall, find a way around it".  I hit my wall, I was feeling down but I cut a path and got around it.  I feel so empowered and happy.  Thanks Leanne, you rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment