Sunday 12 June 2011

Messages from Mum....

Hi Mum!!  I know you're out there and reading this!! :)

During the week my mum sent my a lovely email.  She wanted to tell me that she had read my blogs and thought I was doing really well.  These comments mean a great deal to me.  Sorry Mum, but to be honest I never feel as if I do anything that pleases you.  I know you will understand what I mean without going into great details here but to have your support on this, for you to truly believe I can do it means so much to me.  More than I think you will ever know.

The other message about the Calisthenics adjudications - that the judging says more about the judges than the judged is so very true.  And that while I do understand that people laughing at me, or judging me in anyway says way more about them than it does about me, I still can't quite bring myself to get on a bike!

I am prepared to make a deal with you all though.  If I achieve my goal of losing 14kgs by James' birthday on 22 September this year, I will start to incorporate bike riding in my fitness regime.  I promise.  And even if I miss the deadline, or make it early (wouldn't that be awesome?), I will begin riding then.  Basically at 14kgs lost I will ride.  Promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment