Thursday 23 June 2011

A challenge

So I have been watching the Channel 9 series 'Big Extreme Makeover'.  It has been great to see people in the same or similar situations as me and how they have worked through their weight loss journey's.  Some have had surgery, some have put weight back on.  One has even become a motivational speaker!

Last night was the fianl episode.  It featured a young lady called Bonnie.  She's 22 and ended up moving away from her home to get away from friends and things that were sabotaging her efforts.  She did really well and lost over 30kgs in the 12 months.  There was one thing from this show that has started a little idea growing in my mind......

She climbed the 1000 steps at the Three Sisters in the Blue Mountains with her trainer as one of her challenges.  So James and I have decided it is a challenge we can meet and we are plannning to hit the steps sometime in October.  OMG!!  Can I do it?  I really want to but 1000 steps?  I struggle with 20!

So I think this will be as much of a mental challenge as a physical one.  And when I make it to the top the feeling of achievement will be just awesome. I will focus on that.  And there will be photo's I promise.  Just watch this space in October!!

No comments:

Post a Comment