Saturday 8 October 2011

Blog Title

So has anyone wondered about my Blog's title?  I have been wondering for days if it makes sense to other people.  I guess it really doesn't matter if you guys get it or not, it's my blog and I'll name it what I want, right?

Anyway, it's meant to be a bit of a play on words - 'Losing' because obviously this about my journey to lose weight. 'My mind' because I truly believe that weight loss is an emotional/mental journey way more than it's a physical one.  So together 'Losing my mind' is about breaking down all the emotional and mental barriers I have built up over all these years so that I can 'Find me', the real me, the person I don't really know but is slowly beginning to emerge - the strong, calm and confident person.  The one who knows her strengths and weaknesses and accepts them with good grace.


Sadly, this isn't always happening :(  There is still a lot of self sabotage going on.  A lot of which relates to laziness....

I planned dinner last night, I had even defrosted the meat.  And then Julia invited a friend over to stay the night.  And then we went to get a DVD for them to watch.  And then it was late.  And then we decided to have take-away.  One little pizza won't hurt will it?  Will it?!?!?!

I am so angry with myself this morning.  I loved every bite of that pizza.  But it's going to cost me.  Big time.

So why did I do it?  To save myself 20 minutes in the kitchen?  How dumb is that?  And the scariest bit of it all is that if I had that time over again I probably would do the same.  Us fatties seem to think we can justify eating something like a pizza.  'oh but it was a small one, I used to eat a large!' and 'I'll eat better tomorrow and do some exercise'.  These are just stupid excuses my mind makes.  They are not the truth and they are not acceptable.

*Sigh*

1 comment:

  1. Don't beat your self up over it, it will only make it worse.....I have been down that road so many times....then you think - oh well I was crappy yesterday, what is today going to hurt - I will just get back on track Monday.....and then it just continues.
    Accept that you have done it, and go and do some exercise today :) Make yourself feel better xxx You are doing so well, be proud of what you have achieved so far :)

    ReplyDelete