Thursday 6 October 2011

Eyes on the Prize....

So I am forgetting about how far I have come.  I think this is where my 'Battle Fatigue' is coming from.  I forget that six months ago I could barely run, wore size 26 pants and thought that it was OK to be this way.

Today I'm in a size 22 pants (that are almost too big), I can run (really run, not just shuffle along) and I know that the way I lived before is not OK at all.

Remembering these things and reminding myself sometimes about where I've come from rather than always thinking about how far I have to go, or getting upset at the scales not moving, is something I think I really need to do.  To keep me motivated and feeling good about what I'm doing.

It's kind of like Kazz's 'Faking it' from yesterday.  While I'm faking my desire to do the exercise and to eat the healthy food (why does high-fat, high-sugar food have to taste so damn good?) I can remind myself of why, I can look back and say THAT is why.

So keeping your eyes on the prize is important, I think that having a backwards glance sometimes can be just as important.

1 comment:

  1. When the scales don't move, grab a tape measure. Remember - muscle is heavier, and as you get fitter, you will probably increase your muscle mass. Did you know that a good portion of elite athletes are classified as obese by the (stupid, should not be used method!) BMI scale, because muscle is weighs more than fat?

    Keep going Rachael - you can do it.

    Bel xox

    ReplyDelete