Wednesday 5 October 2011

'Fake it til you Make it!'

Some sage words of advice from the amazing Kazz.  She has lost an incredible amount of weight and is such an inspiration to so many people.  Truly mind-blowing.  Check out her journey here on her blog.

So I faked it and pretended I felt like going for a walk yesterday afternoon and I'll admit it did feel good to go out and get some fresh air.  And the dogs appreciated the walk too!

Wednesdays are Netball days.  I love my netball - it's so much fun and now that my fitness has improved I can actually participate so much more and I feel so much more like a productive member of the team!  This will be my first game back after hurting my calf so I am super excited about tonight!  Pity the game is at 9pm......

Because we play netball on Wednesdays I am always looking for good recipes for things like soup.  Something that can be made ahead of time, is low-fat and full of nutrients and is light on your tummy.  If we eat before a game we both feel quite sick so we usually wait til after.  But because tonight's game is so late we will try to eat early but it will be something fairly light and easy to digest.  So I have this lovely recipe to get us through tonight.....

________________________________________

Hearty Chicken and Root Vegetable Soup
Weight Watchers Recipe - 6 ProPoints

2 tsp Olive Oil
1 Leek, washed and thinly sliced
1 Parsnip, cut into 1cm pieces
1 Carrot, cut into 1cm pieces
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
3 Cups of Chicken Stock
400g tin of Diced Tomatoes
2tsp fresh Tarragon Leaves
400g Lean Chicken Thigh Fillets, fat trimmed and thinly sliced
1 medium Desiree Potato, unpeeled and chopped into 1cm pieces

Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.  Add leek, parsnip and carrot and cook, stirring for 5 mins or until soft.  Add garlic and cook for 1 min or until fragrant.
Add stock, tomatoes and tarragon and bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5 mins.
Add chicken and potato and simmer covered for 15 mins or until potato is tender and the chicken is cooked through.

_________________________________________

This is such a yummy soup and so easy to make.  I actually cheat and use dried tarragon because getting fresh isn't always easy!  The flavour is really nice so I like to use it and dried works just as well.  Not sure how much I use cos I just sprinkle it in!!

My one last thought for today - Back on 20 June I blogged about not being able to think of 5 things I liked about me.  That thought has remained with me all these months and I think I'd like to have a stab at it now.  So her goes....

1. I like my determination.  I am stubborn and I don't give up.
2. I like my strength, both physical and emotional.
3. I like my courage.  For doing this and for talking about it.
4. I like my planning.  I think ahead and make plans for dealing with life.
5. I like me.  Wow.  Didn't ever think I'd say that.  But I do.  I like the person I am becoming.  Strong, determined, courageous, calm and happy!

So I faked it and now I'm makin' it!

2 comments:

  1. SO awesome .. I love this attitude, might just have to borrow it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Borrow it anytime Kylie!! We can fake it together :) Hope all is well with you today....

    ReplyDelete